Tuesday 28 June 2016

Update

Yesterday my consultant contacted me to arrange my four week retightening after my two week check. Oh joy! I get to walk around for another two weeks while letting my roots grow even longer. I was hoping I would get an appointment this week but once again Bad Luck Chuck comes charging in. At least all of my appointments will be every four weeks from here on out. 

My hair has the ability to frizz regardless of the weather and right now those fly away strands are tangling with each other, making it difficult to run my fingers through to comb out my cork screws (bantu knots). I am not sure how I will keep this up for another two weeks. In the meantime, I have reduced the amount of manipulation I do to my hair on a weekly basis and hope the styles stay at  least a week.

I dislike using a lot of products and have been weaning myself off of them for years, Before starting microlocks I only used oils and water after my washing routine. I clarified, moisturized then conditioned meaning at any given time I had no less than eight products but most of them were shampoos or conditioners I experimented with to see what worked with my hair. The oils I used consisted of coconut oil, mineral oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil and castor oil. Now I get to treat my hair as though I got sisterlocks, thanks to my consultant.

My consultant has been amazing so far. According to her, I am a walking talking advertisement for her work so she will make sure that the quality of work is always high and as long as I follow her directions, she will be proud to say so. Speaking to her I learned that she has had customers who have ignored her instructions and returned to her weeks or months later hoping for a miracle after messing up. Apart from that I love the fact that she calls all her clients to set up and remind them of upcoming appointments and clearly stated the price to new customers.

I am excited to see where this goes and enjoy having a consultant just excited as I am along for the ride. 

Til next time - Lata!

No comments:

Post a Comment