Tuesday 21 June 2016

Two Week Update



A few days after my microlock installation I got a message from my consultant reminding me of the two week update I didn't even remember making. Thirteen hours of sitting tends to play with your mind after a while. I thought she had been heaven sent. In all my life I have never scratched my scalp or had as much flaking as I did during those two weeks. I thought I would go crazy when my consultant told me not to wash my hair more than twice a month and not to use any conditioner. 

I had been directed not to use any oils or hair products apart from shampoo and a witch hazel, vinegar and water combination. I barely made it three days before I shampooed my scalp to alleviate the itching. That did not work at all. To make matters worse, I forgot to take the scalp cream recommended by the consultant. I tried to meet her to get it but she had already left by the time I arrived. I seriously contemplated using oils and weekly washing. With the two week appointment in about five days I decided to suck it up and wait it out. I arrived on the day an hour early. 

After explaining to me why she scheduled a two week instead of four week appointment  she did a quick check. Basically she wanted to ensure I had been following orders. No oils, no moisturizers, no nothing not water, witch hazel or vinegar. Apparently, she's had customers whose hair she could not recognise when they returned for the two week check. Those customers would ignore her orders completely and do their own thing, use whatever product they felt like, then complain about slippage. She had been pleased with my progress so she gave me the requested hair wash, ran the cream through my scalp, retightened the locs along the edges and sent me on my way. 

I have barely had to scratch since then. Of course the flaking still happens but it's less noticeable now I'm not scratching every thirty seconds of the day. I'm hoping I stay the course cause I love the idea of not having to buy and use a million products or maintain my hair more than once a month. My retightening will be in about a week and I am excited. 

That's all for now. 

Til next time - Lata!


No comments:

Post a Comment