Monday 20 June 2016

Are They Sisterlocks?

A few weeks ago, on June 1st 2016 to be more precise, I got what I am hoping to be my last set of locs installed. For weeks prior I flip flopped between microlocks and sisterlocks; sisterlocks or microlocks? How do I choose? Which do I prefer? How will I afford the installation and maintenance? Where can I find someone to do it?
Yadda. Yadda. Yadda.

Initially I visited everyone's favourite site for information. Youtube. There are so many videos on DIY microlocks and sisterlocks I got a bit overwhelmed by it. Eventually I stumbled across DecodedDeviny who started chronicling her sisterlock journey about a month before. Her excitement and in-depth look at everything that had happened so far convinced me to get sisterlocks.

Finally the debate was over! Within minutes I began to research sisterlock consultants and trainees for my country and tried finding some of them on Facebook. One name stuck with me and I made a note to contact her later. Everything had fallen into place perfectly. Or so I thought.

A few days before my birthday, as I walked through the office I noticed a co-worker had begun her new loc journey with microlocks. A short conversation later and I became indecisive once again. To settle things once and for all, I made a list of questions to help me and set about finding someone I could trust.

On Friday May 20th, I had a consultation with sisterlock consultant. She measured my hair, showed me the sizing chart, gave me a price and scheduled my installation appointment. By midnight of June 1st, after thirteen (13) hours, I returned home the proud owner of a crisp grid pattern and more locs than I had ever had before. Come the morning of June 2nd, in the midst of all the compliments I got about my new hair came the inevitable question. "...are they sisterlocks?"

No.
They are not.
They are microlocks.

How did I end up here you ask?
Well it's quite simple. The list of questions or my locing concerns so to speak.

My next post will address the difference between microlocks and sisterlocks and the follow up will give my answers to the questions.


Til then - Lata!
Installation

1 comment:

  1. waiting for next version,what city are you in???

    ReplyDelete