Saturday 21 January 2017

Unexpected Hiatus Over

I'm finally back! Work has been so hectic I've barely had time to myself let alone time to write. So here's the nitty-gritty in as few words possible. 

My hair is getting thicker. It's more so in the roots. 

Slippage has been reduced by a lot. I have 2 locs which are impervious to the concept of locs. One of them I've even dubbed Houdini. No matter what I try (including making knots in the loc to reduce slippage it always manages to escape completely. So frustrating when all of the other locs have stopped doing it and have started to thicken. 

My scalp is oily? I mentioned a while back that I haven't t been using anything in my hair after washing it. Even so, my 'dry' scalp is rarely actually dry. There's a enough oil to coat the scalp and add lustre to the strands. To go from an itchy, flaking scalp to what I have now is nothing short of a miracle. 

I haven't seen any budding. . . at all. I thought for certain that by the end of month 3 I'd be budding all over the place. Not so. I barely get a little bud that hangs on to a strand or two of hair then breaks off within a few weeks. Not as disappointed as I thought I'd be but I must admit I've lost some of my initial excitement. 

I have had to abandon the sisterlocks course in November due to a death in the family. It's been a long journey back to where I am now and I've still got a ways to go. But as they say, life goes on. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this blog! I have been going back and forth about sisterlocks vs. Microlocks and your journey has helped me greatly! So glad I found this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Ive enjoyed reading your blog.
    New year hopefully you will give an update.
    I have learned so much from you in deciding what type of locs I want to have installed.
    I was leaning heavily towards sisterlocks until I read your blog. I just don't have the time to commit to sitting more that 1 hour for a retightening session.
    Please give an update would love to see how your locks are doing.

    ReplyDelete