Thursday 15 September 2016

Should I?

After three months I have come to realise that I have reached the point in my journey where I have to make a decision. Should I become a sisterlock trainee or not?

It may seem as though this questions just came out of nowhere but it didn't. I've always been fascinated with locs even when my mother would not let me grow any. I've started my sister's locs and I am considering doing my cousin's. I installed microlocs on another cousin in January but she took them down shortly after when she started a new job that does not like its employees to wear locs. Let's just say I've had three heads of practice including my own and I would like to switch careers so I could make a living from it.

The idea cemented itself while talking to my consultant during the last retightening. Now I'm hooked on the idea of taking the sisterlocks training and getting an apprenticeship with my consultant if possible. There is one flaw in this glorious plan though. What if I don't like it? 

Sisterlock training costs about US$1500 and to top it off, training does not happen in my country so I would have to travel to another Caribbean island or the United States. I get that it would be an investment in my future career but again I ask, "What if I don't like it?"

My SO made the perfect suggestion but I am no sure how it would work having two jobs. The full time one I have now is tiring but....maybe I can do it. Maybe I might realise that I love doing locs more than anything in the world and have found my true calling. Or maybe I'll be bored within a week and walk away. All that's left to do is convince someone to let me work with them until November.

If it works out I'll let you all know. If not....que sera sera. Wish me luck! 
Til next time - Lata!

No comments:

Post a Comment