Thursday 15 September 2016

10 Weeks

I got my second retightening done on Thursday. The slippage was even worse this time. Sections that managed not to slip last time had lost their grip and succumbed to the 'bush' as I call it. There was no sign of the parts that should have been in my head and in many areas, only the knotted tips were proof of something being there before. As you could probably guess from this, I was desperate for a retightening. My consultant was no there so she got an assistant to fill in. Unlike my last appointment, any hopes I had of leaving within an hour and a half were dashed. The assistant worked a lot more slowly and left me in two minds about the experience. 

I went in fully expecting to be done by the end of lunch but ended up spending the rest of the working day in the chair. The assistant not only took her time, she cleaned up all of the parts and managed to wrangle to loose hair the consultant left out last time, back into the assigned parts. My mum was abandoned at the doctor's office for three hours and I could not account for my absence with the supervisor cause "I had a hair appointment" is not a good enough excuse. But even with all of that stress, I love the end result. I love it so much I am considering requesting the assistant for the next appointment but I would have to give up lunch time appointments. My consultant may not agree and I wouldn't want to upset her seeing as she's done a phenomenal job so far.

That's all for now. Til next time -  lata! 

No comments:

Post a Comment